Monday, July 31, 2017

More from QBL


After two days of Improvisational Strip Piecing, my workshoppers at Quilting By the Lake moved on to three days of Fine Line Piecing.  Although I've taught this technique in many different formats, ranging from one day to five, I'm always happiest with three or more days so people have the chance to explore both "large-to-small" and "small-to-large" approaches. And I was really proud of the work people did last week!

As usual, the last day of a longer workshop often is marked by people sewing as fast as they can, wishing they could finish up before it's time to pack up and go home.  Some people did finish attractive compositions, as shown below:




Others stopped in midstream and I'm hoping they'll (a) finish up their pieces when they get home and (b) send me pictures!





2 comments:

  1. I love seeing everyone's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so interesting!! I'm especially taken by the black and white one. The use of line is eye catching!

    ReplyDelete