Monday, April 16, 2012

Textile in a tube

I happened to be putting a textile in a tube the other day to send off to Quilting Arts magazine, who will photograph it for a future article.

And when I got the two pieces out on my work table, it made me think about Textiles in a Tube, the show in Greenville SC (June 1 - July 15) that I am going to be jurying.

I wonder if looking at my mystery package, about to go into the 36 x 3-inch tube, might get you thinking -- what could you put into a tube that would be attractive, appealing and fun?

Maybe a small quilt, maybe some other kind of hanging, maybe a bunch of little doodads that could sit on a shelf.  If it's "any type of material made from fibers or other extended linear materials such as thread or yarn including old and new materials, techniques, and technologies," and if it fits into a 36 x 3-inch tube,  we'd love to see it.  No age limit, so if you have something interesting in the back of the closet, that might do the trick as well.

If I've gotten you in a tube mood, click here for the prospectus.  Postmark deadline is May 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment