Monday, December 12, 2011

Change of plans

What I was supposed to do last week:              What I did last week:

Tuesday: attend a going-away                             got sick
reception for my dear fiber art friend
and her husband who are leaving town

Wesdnesday: get my 2011 Christmas                 got sicker
ornaments in the mail

Thursday:  attend the holiday party for             got sicker
my fiber and textile art organization

Friday: keep sewing on a new quilt that             had a CAT scan
I started in a frenzy of enthusiasm earlier
in the week

Saturday: go to the opening reception                 had my gall
for the 42nd Annual Mid-States Craft                 bladder removed;
Exhibit in Evansville IN, to receive                      went home three
an award of merit                                                    hours later

For next week: scratch the parties and the Christmas lunch, hope to get the ornaments in the mail, read some trash novels and maybe do some handwork.  It only hurts when I laugh, which is too bad because I'm feeling pretty happy to have been diagnosed and fixed so quickly -- and on a weekend yet!  It's a far cry from the greatest healthcare system in the world, but when it works, and for us lucky folks who can afford to participate, it does have its moments of glory.

16 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon!"Gute Besserung!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest rest rest. Happy you are better. xo, t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recover quickly Kathy - glad to hear you had a positive health care experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will feel better before you are better. Take it easy for as long as the docs recommend. (Don't ask me how I know this. . .)

    go well.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed that you got done what you did while feeling so sick. Be sure to get in lots of R & R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed you were allowed home so quickly - I don't think that would happen in the UK. I sympathise with how illness throws plans out as I ended up in hospital last month and was stuck there four days waiting for an angiogram. But I am now inspired by your 'Goodbye' Quilts posting and have sorted out a pile of fabrics that look really good together to do over the dark days of winter. Just take it easy - gall bladder isn't a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, crappy to have it happen but good that it got taken care of right away. Best wishes for fast healing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear you were sick, but I'm really happy to hear they "fixed" the problem so quickly. Enjoy your down time (and your "trashy novels)."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops! Just realized that those were the things that you MEANT to do, as you got sicker and sicker. Glad they solved the problem and be sure to follow the doc's orders so you can be all better for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch. Ouch Ouch. Another reminder that the present is a gift. Whenever I get sick I take my laptop to bed and watch Ted.com videos.
    Rest cozy, be healthy, live, love and dream good dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you recover well and without complications. I thought of you yesterday when I walked to the quilt shop and inspected their inventory of striped fabrics. My next trip there will include a camera to shoot their selection and send you a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you've been sick but glad you received such prompt treatment. Take your time to make a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you missed your reception and two great parties. I'm sure they were missing you. Congrats on the award of merit.

    It is remarkable that you are home already. Hope the rest of your Christmas season is uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathy, I'm glad you are recovering from what must have been a miserable few days. Try not to laugh, and rest as long as it takes.
    Hugs,
    SandyB

    ReplyDelete